Filming to close Washington street
Washington officials have announced that some city streets will be closed Tuesday.
This time, however, the closures won’t be due to construction but to filming of the movie “Foxcatcher,” by Fairhill LLC Filming.
The movie is directed by Bennett Miller, who received an Academy Award nomination for directing the movie “Moneyball.” The release date for “Foxcatcher” is set for January 2013.
The movie chronicles the life of the Schultz brothers, who each won Olympic gold medals in 1984, and recounts the events leading up to Dave Schultz’s murder by John du Pont, an heir to the chemical fortune and an avid supporter of amateur wrestling, who was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic.
Du Pont was sentenced to 13 to 30 years and died in prison at age 72 in December 2010.
Traffic will be closed on Wheeling Street from Main to College streets from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., said Washington police Chief Robert Lemons. Also, College Street traffic from Beau to East Maiden streets will be interrupted off and on throughout the day, he said.
- 1Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Economy slowed last quarter, but signs pointing up | Observer-Reporter
- 4Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union