Jury finds Pa. woman guilty in boyfriend’s death
ERIE (AP) – Jurors have delivered a guilty verdict in the trial of a northwestern Pennsylvania woman who shot and killed her boyfriend after saying she “smelled sex” on him.
The third-degree murder verdict against 31-year-old Rachel Kozloff came after almost six hours of deliberations. Prosecutors had asked for a first-degree murder conviction.
The Erie Times-News reports Kozloff showed little emotion Friday afternoon when she heard the verdict.
Kozloff claimed she killed Michael Henry in self-defense during an argument at his Erie apartment.
Prosecutors said Kozloff hid in Henry’s building then went to his apartment and shot him four times as his 10-month-old son slept in another room. Authorities said Kozloff killed Henry because she suspected he was cheating on her.
Sentencing is set for Jan. 29.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Funeral director´s license revoked | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Moninger - 107 years | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union