Mom, boyfriend charged in death of 5-year-old
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 23-year-old Philadelphia woman and her boyfriend have been charged in the death of her 5-year-old son, who police say suffered burns and bruises.
Police were called early Saturday to the apartment in the Spring Garden neighborhood, where they found little Dashawn Harris unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at Hahnemann University Hospital.
Police say Dashawn’s mother, Lashay Patterson, and her boyfriend, 25-year-old Christian Patrick, were arrested Saturday night and charged with murder.
It wasn’t immediately known if they had attorneys. A telephone number for the couple couldn’t be found.
An autopsy will be performed on the boy to determine the exact cause of death.
The boy’s paternal grandmother, Grace Fitch, says investigators told the family that Dashawn was beaten to the point where he was unrecognizable and had burn marks on his chest.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 2Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 5West Pike Run man shot during robbery | Observer-Reporter