Boy killed when truck runs into yard
NEW CASTLE (AP) — Police say a man is in custody after he veered off a western Pennsylvania road and struck two young children, killing a 7-year-old boy.
Authorities did not release the name of the 7-year-old or the 9-year-old injured in Sunday’s crash in New Castle.
New Castle police say 66-year-old Virgil Coonfare was taken into custody at the scene and charged with vehicular homicide. Additional charges could be filed later.
The younger boy was pronounced dead at a hospital. The 9-year-old was airlifted to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Coonfare had an attorney.
New Castle is about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 2Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 3Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 4Connellsville man charged with exposing himself at Charleroi school bus stop | Observer-Reporter
- 5Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter