Boy killed when truck runs into yard
NEW CASTLE (AP) — Police say a man is in custody after he veered off a western Pennsylvania road and struck two young children, killing a 7-year-old boy.
Authorities did not release the name of the 7-year-old or the 9-year-old injured in Sunday’s crash in New Castle.
New Castle police say 66-year-old Virgil Coonfare was taken into custody at the scene and charged with vehicular homicide. Additional charges could be filed later.
The younger boy was pronounced dead at a hospital. The 9-year-old was airlifted to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Coonfare had an attorney.
New Castle is about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union