Coroner releases crash victims’ identities
Two women from Hughesville, Md., were killed Saturday when their car was struck by a tractor-trailer that crossed the median on Interstate 70 in South Strabane Township and pushed it through a guardrail and over a hillside. The Washington County coroner’s office identified the women as Karen Leigh Babka, 57, and Kaitlin Y. Babka, 21, both of Wood Glen Drive. The cause of death for both was multiple injuries.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, Yevgeniy Bugreyev, 44, of West Sacramento, Calif., is in Washington County Jail on $1 million bond, charged with two counts of homicide by vehicle. A third vehicle struck the tractor-trailer after it crossed from the westbound lane and overturned in the eastbound lane about 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Four people in that vehicle were injured. The interstate was closed for about six hours, causing major traffic tie-ups.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union