Hearing on closing of bar delayed
A court hearing to declare a West Bethlehem Township bar a public nuisance and force its closure was postponed Wednesday.
District Attorney Gene Vittone is seeking a temporary injunction against James Durila, owner of J&J Hotel and Bar, following a raid at the bar Nov. 16 that resulted in the arrest of four people on drug charges. The raid was conducted by the district attorney’s office, state police and Pennsylvania Liquor Control Enforcement.
The district attorney’s office had been receiving numerous complaints from local residents about suspected drug activity at the bar, Vittone said.
Judge John DiSalle, who was to preside over the hearing, has not yet rescheduled the proceeding.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 3Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 4Bigger contract awaits Big Ben | Observer-Reporter
- 5Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter