Hearing on closing of bar delayed
A court hearing to declare a West Bethlehem Township bar a public nuisance and force its closure was postponed Wednesday.
District Attorney Gene Vittone is seeking a temporary injunction against James Durila, owner of J&J Hotel and Bar, following a raid at the bar Nov. 16 that resulted in the arrest of four people on drug charges. The raid was conducted by the district attorney’s office, state police and Pennsylvania Liquor Control Enforcement.
The district attorney’s office had been receiving numerous complaints from local residents about suspected drug activity at the bar, Vittone said.
Judge John DiSalle, who was to preside over the hearing, has not yet rescheduled the proceeding.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Zimmerman to run for full term as commissioner | Observer-Reporter
- 3Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter