Pittsburgh man killed in I-79 accident
A Pittsburgh man was killed Tuesday in an accident on Interstate 79 when his Ford pickup truck crossed the median and hit a tractor-trailer head-on, according to a statement released by Washington County Coroner Tim Warco.
Mark Anthony Chesick, 45, of Mayfair Street in Pittsburgh, was ejected from his vehicle after the collision. His vehicle was northbound on I-79 near mile marker 45.1 in North Strabane Township when the accident occurred about 4 p.m. He was pronounced dead at the scene from blunt force trauma.
There were no other passengers in Chesickís vehicle. Police havenít released whether the driver of the tractor-trailer, James Stroud, 44, of Evansville, Ind., was injured. State police were assisted by the North Strabane Township Fire Department and Canonsburg ambulance.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3First-ever humanities festival coming to Pittsburgh | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 5Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union